A large FMCG company was seeking to improve the flow of information between stakeholders and speed up time-to-market.
01. Business Challenge
Client data was stored in multiple silos with multiple owners. Data access was cumbersome.
- Multiple stakeholders had to review each data request, which resulted in employees not being able to access the right insight at the right time.
- Data quality was often impacted as well by this.
- As data insights demand increased, existing systems were rigid and could not keep up.
The first step was to interview the client to understand their current state and future vision, in addition to their technology requirements. To determine their day-to-day needs and obstacles, we reviewed their existing sources, infrastructure, and data.
The client wanted us to implement an improved data architecture with low overhead challenges and easy-to-maintain cloud technology. Therefore, we
In this way, information from various sources could be integrated, such as sales, retail audit, execution, media, etc. As a result, the client has a single verified source for accessing this information on a daily basis, without any question about data integrity or metric definitions.
- A schedule refresh was set for live data and multiple reporting systems built on top of SSOT.
- It helped the client to reduce the time that goes into creating and maintaining product information by up to 50%.
- The new platform opened the door to build new data science models on top and increase business process efficiency by 5x.