Maximize Return in Multiple markets with a scalable AI Driven Promotion Analytics Solution
01. Need for a Multi-Market Solution
Companies often run similar promotions with broadly similar objectives
across markets and can benefit greatly by bringing in standardization and a
centralized approach in managing the solution. This will:
- Help them make tool investment more efficient.
- Utilize learnings from promotions conducted in different markets.
- Enable them to manage solutions in different markets with central teams to minimize manpower requirements.
- Reduce deployment time for new markets.
02. Challenges with Multi-Market
While the need is clear, integrating solutions across markets represent
some key challenges that add tremendous complexity when attempting to
scale solutions. This is majorly due to:
- The decentralization of data within the organization, there is a lack of ownership
of data and creates challenges in extracting relevant data from silos.
- The absence of advanced capabilities for deploying and managing multi-market
- Similar models or methodologies don’t work in all markets.
- Lack of efficiency when replicating the solution across multiple markets.
03. Solution Capabilities
Promotion Analytics can be scaled for multiple marketing via the following steps.
04. DP’s Multi-Market Solution
Decision Point’s Promotion Analytics solution incorporates some critical features that allow us to scale the solution across multiple markets:
- To determine the true volume uplift, one single model factored in both pantry loading and internal cannibalization after removing the influence of external factors like COVID, weather, etc.
- Integrating tools and a data lake via a cloud pipeline to drive sustainability by
reducing maintenance and manual intervention.
- Diagnosis of promos aimed at different strategic goals. Integrate strategic KPIs into the analysis of promotional performance so that the objectives are aligned.
- A period for tool maintenance post-delivery involving tasks such as Periodic results
updates, Model refreshes, data challenges, and training assistance.
Upon implementing the advanced analytics model delivered by Decision
Point, we were able to:
- 3-7% of incremental Gross Profits across multiple markets while maintaining volume.
- An estimated 8% to 15% of ROI improvement plans were identified across markets during the use-case deployment phase.
- 40% reduction in man-hours spent on promotion planning and diagnostics across new markets.