Developing a roadmap to drive E-commerce growth in North America for a Fortune 500 company
01. Confronting Challenges
Manufacturers want to leverage the e-commerce by aligning operations, people, and technology across the value chain to unlock efficiencies and build value for the company and for their customers. To achieve this, a Fortune 500 company needed a systematic and scientific approach to prioritize use cases. As:
- Consumers are reevaluating their buying channels post-COVID, and retailers can win over new customers and increase their share of wallets.
- With e-commerce, the pace of business interventions has accelerated, competition reactions are quicker than ever before
- Traditional businesses are challenged by limited exposure to e-commerce tools, capabilities, training, and systems.
- The team works in silos without full alignment of business objective, investments and priorities
02. The Methodical Approach
Following are the steps that were taken by the Decision Point team different verticals of eCommerce verticals (B2B, B2C, D2C).:
Based on the results of the study by Decision Point, The Global Beverage Company has been able to:
E-commerce will contribute 10% of the overall company growth
- With the alignment of priority use cases, the client was able to define revenue accountability.
- Aided in maximizing investment efficiency through targeted investments and improved understanding of business requirements.
Automation and digital technologies are expected to reduce man-hours by ~30%
- Developing proprietary data assets such as dashboards, tools, integrations with data, etc., to automate insight generation.
- Maximum usage of ML techniques is to be incorporated, to reduce human effort.